What does it take to create compelling content that keeps people coming back to your site? Can you imagine how consistent traffic to your site would impact your business? Good News! On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you’ll hear from Scott as he welcomes his guest, Toni Anderson. In her conversation with Scott, Toni opens up about how she got started in ecommerce, what led her to focus on developing a blog, how she kept up with content creation, plans for the future, and much more! Have pen and paper ready – you don’t want to miss a minute of this fascinating episode featuring Toni’s story!
Getting started on Ebay
If you’ve been around the TAS community for very long, you know that Scott got his ecommerce start on Ebay in the early 2000s. Come to find out, back in the day – Toni Anderson also got her ecommerce start selling on Ebay. As they reminisced about selling on Ebay – Scott and Toni realize how that early experience really impacted their growth as entrepreneurs and brand builders. To hear more about the lessons Scott and Toni learned from selling on Ebay, make sure to tune in to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
Find your niche!
Have you found your brand’s niche yet? Don’t get stuck spreading yourself too thin and never specializing in any specific market. Chances are if you think you’ve niched down far enough – you still have some room to go! You’ve likely heard Scott talk about finding your niche time and time again – this time he’s got back up! Toni is also convinced that niching down is the best approach for ecommerce sellers and bloggers. Make sure to hear the full conversation between Scott and Tomi by listening to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
Create at a sustainable pace
Writing for a blog is a little different these days; then it was several years ago. Gone are the days where you need to push out a new piece of content every day – now the name of the game is quality over quantity. This is good news for bloggers and their readers! If the blogging medium is for you – take Toni’s advice and create posts at a sustainable pace that keeps you engaged in the process. Learn more helpful tips like this one from Toni as she joins Scott on this informative episode of The Amazing Seller!
You’ve heard Scott exclaim the all-important call at the end of every TAS episode to – “Take Action!” Where are you at on your journey? Have you taken action and moved your business forward? If you haven’t taken action yet – it’s not too late. Toni is a huge fan of Scott’s call to action, and she encourages sellers like you to heed Scott’s call. Listen to Toni explain why caused her to take action in her business – let it inspire you!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [4:00] Toni Anderson joins Scott on the podcast.
- [6:10] How did Toni get involved with ecommerce and blogging?
- [9:45] Scott and Toni talk about how they got their start on Ebay.
- [16:00] Toni explains her approach to blogging.
- [20:00] Toni’s content creation tips.
- [23:00] Why niching down is so important.
- [27:15] How often should you put out content as a blogger?
- [29:00] If you don’t like creating content – try something else – like video!
- [33:50] How did Toni monetize her blog?
- [37:00] What is it like going through a blog audit?
- [46:45] Toni teases the topic she is speaking on at Brand Accelerator Live.
- [49:40] Closing thoughts from Toni.
- [51:30] Closing thoughts from Scott.