What does it take to dive deep and get to know your audience so well that you can speak their language? How do you create content for a niche audience? If you want to know how to take your business to the next level of growth – you’ve come to the right place! On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you’ll hear from Scott as he sits down with his guest, Chris Baker. In his conversation with Scott, Chris opens up about how he started his business, challenges he has faced, what he plans to do to grow his business, and much more. Have pen and paper ready – much of Scott’s advice will be applicable to leaders like you!
Video is your friend
When was the last time that you stopped in your Facebook newsfeed to watch a video? Chances are – you’ve interacted with some sort of video on the internet recently. Let’s face it; video is the wave of the future! Are you ready to catch it? Don’t buy the line that you need to have the most expensive and high-quality materials to get started – you don’t! If you can produce a helpful and engaging video that is relevant to your audience – that’s enough. Tune into this episode of The Amazing Seller to hear more about using video to promote your brand.
Know your audience!
Do you ever find yourself wondering why people aren’t more engaged with your brand? Most of the time – it all comes down to speaking their language! From common struggles to jargon – if you can capture how your audience talks about your product or service, you can make a huge impact. Scott encourages sellers like you to take the time to learn from and interact with your target audience. Do you know where they hang out online? Have you provided value to that community? Make sure to listen to this episode as Scott explains how business leaders can reach their target market!
Creating relevant content
When faced with the task of creating videos that appeal to their customer base – most business leaders are at a loss. How are you supposed to know what type of content people want to consume? What videos or blog posts are your customers looking for? It’s easier to find those answer than you might think! A great place to start is by searching on Google or YouTube for how-to videos with a keyword associated with your niche market. You can also find a ton of helpful forums and social media groups that can get you started in the right direction. Listen to this episode of The Amazing Seller as Scott expands on this topic and much more!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [3:05] Guest, Chris Baker joins the podcast.
- [4:30] How Chris got started in ecommerce.
- [7:30] Getting started on Ebay.
- [12:00] Chris talks about how he started his business.
- [18:30] Why you need to know your audience.
- [22:30] Scott talks about the different types of railing.
- [27:30] What is holding Chris’ business back?
- [30:00] Scott explains how Chris can build out his brand.
- [40:30] Chris talks about utilizing Facebook and other social media channels.
- [46:00] Why video is such a helpful tool.
- [54:30] How to connect with people without sounding like a “Salesperson.”
- [1:00:30] Scott gives Chris a challenge.
- [1:06:00] Why did Scott decide on the railing that he choose?
- [1:12:30] Closing thoughts.