Welcome to this week's edition of our Friday jam session. It's always one of the highlights of my week. I enjoy hanging out with some incredible people and answering questions to help them along on their business journey. To join us, head over to takeactioncrew.com. I'd love to have you here! Today we're going to talk all about email funnels.
The Basics of a Sales Funnel
An email funnel allows you to communicate directly to a person who opts into your list. Once they sign up, you're able to directly message them through an email sequence, and that becomes your email funnel. Be sure to have a place that you're going to send them that is directly related to the goal of your email sequence.
One session from our virtual Brand Creators event that we hosted last month was with Cassidy Tuttle. She talked about an elaborate sales funnel she has set up to sell her products. However, when you start your own funnel, it's important to strip it down and keep it simple.
I'm a fan of broadcast messages where I write emails related to the present and send them out once I'm finished writing them up. The email funnel (also known as an email sequence) should only include four to five emails. From there, you can send out broadcast emails. There are a few things that you want to make sure to provide to a person once they've signed up:
- Provide access to their download
- Show up in their inbox
- Bring attention to your paid product
Breakdown of My Brand Creators Checklist Email Funnel
When someone signs up for my free checklist, they receive an email with a download link. They'll also be sent to a thank page where they're offered a bundle package to purchase my playbook, audiobook, and masterclass at a deeply discounted rate. The key is to make the offer irresistible. If they don't purchase right away, they'll have plenty of opportunities within the email sequence.
- The First Email: Send and confirm they received the free download.
- Second Email: Check-in to see if they've utilized the free checklist and share the benefits of the playbook and masterclass.
- 3rd-5th Emails – Bring attention to what they downloaded and reference the paid product. It's that simple.
Once you've finished with the initial sequence, you can add them to a nurture sequence, although I'm not a fan. In my mind, all of your emails should nurture your email list in one form or another, so usually, just add them to my normal email list once they're finished with the original email funnel.
If you want to bring attention to something, in particular, include a p.s. Or create a super signature. As long as you're doing that, you can immediately drop them into your normal email list after the initial funnel.
Start Building Your Email List Today
Content is a long-term commitment, and it can take three to six months for it to show up on Google. It's a perfect long term strategy. In the meantime, I recommend growing your email list so you can communicate with people and control the traffic coming to your website.
It's going to allow you to see benefits much quicker without having to wait months until your content starts showing up on Google. Thank you so much for joining us for today's edition of our Friday jam season. As always, I am here for you, I believe in you and am rooting for you. It's time for you to take action and go rock your brand.
Thanks For Tuning in!
- If you found today's show to be valuable, please share it.
- Additionally, please consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes.
- They're very beneficial when it comes to the show's ranking. I can guarantee to read each one of them myself.
- Finally, don't neglect to subscribe to the show on your preferred app.
“Remember, I'm here for you, I believe in you, and I'm rooting for you! Now it's time for you to take action and go rock your brand”!
Take-Aways From Today's Episode
- The Basics of a Sales Funnel (3:25)
- Breakdown of My Brand Creators Checklist Email Funnel (7:21)
- Start Building Your Email List Today (16:50)
“Start by growing your email list so you can communicate with people and control the traffic coming to your website”.
- Take Action Crew: https://takeactioncrew.com.
- Coffee Talk: https://brandcreators.com/coffee
- Playbook: https://brandcreatorsbook.com
- Checklist: https://brandcreators.com/checklist
- Brand Creators Event: Grab Your BAL Recording HERE